Diverse, accomplished professional with vast business-to-business sales and marketing experience seeking full-time or contract opportunities in sales, management or recruiting. Would consider compensation inclusive of stock or partial ownership, and although based in the Kansas City area, will relocate for the right opportunity.
• Born and Raised in Orland Park, IL • Master’s Degree from Lewis University in Romeoville, IL • Youngest Sales Executive on “National Leadership Board” at Slazenger Golf USA • Grew Slazenger Golf Territory (Indiana) Sales from Under $400K to $1.5MM • Grew Callaway Golf Company Territory (Kansas & Western Missouri) Sales to $1.8MM • Served as Project Manager During Development of $3MM Executive Suites Facility • Developed, Owned & Operated Executive Suites with Revenues of $650K Annually
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENT I’M MOST PROUD OF
Youngest Sales Representative Hired by National Golf Manufacturer at the Age of 27 – Primarily Based on the Unsolicited Recommendation from the Longest Tenured Golf Professional in the State of Indiana (at that Time) Who Told My Future National Sales Manager that Someone Should Hire Me before “You Know Who Nabs this Kid”
• Special Recognition Award, Sales Division, Slazenger Golf USA (1998) • Youngest Sales Professional Ever Positioned on National Sales Leadership Board at Major Golf Manufacturer • Increased Personal Pre-Book Sales by 53% Over Two Years - from $750,000 to $1,150,000
M.A. with Honors, Lewis University, Romeoville, IL (1994) B.A., University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA (1992)
*This resume is optimized for automated systems. Please contact me directly for a more visually appealing resume.
FOUNDER AND DIRECTOR PIRFA RECRUITING SYSTEMS, OVERLAND PARK, KS 2014-2016
• Devised and executed strategic recruitment plans aligning with company’s goals by utilizing a strong working knowledge of business analysis techniques. • Managed job advertising and optimization for client job postings while providing advice and coaching on all aspects of recruitment and talent management. • Sourced resumes to select paramount, qualified candidates and conducted interviews to assess credentials, aptitude for learning, personality, character, and work ethic.
OWNER AND GENERAL MANAGER LEAWOOD OFFICE BUSINESS CENTER, LEAWOOD, KS 2003-2014
• Project Manager of multi-million dollar real estate development and Operating Director of full-service executive suites facility that saw annual sales of over $650,000. • Oversaw and analyzed budget and profit loss statements, assertively developed new business opportunities through advertising, public relations, sales and product pitches, and implemented business strategies to ensure the longevity and health of the operation. • Hired, developed, trained, and coached staff while prioritizing employee engagement to ensure a company culture where identity, goals, and service expectations were valued.
SALES EXECUTIVE (OUTSIDE SALES) CALLAWAY GOLF COMPANY, CARLSBAD, CA 2000-2002
• Managed $1.8MM sales territory for one of the largest golf manufacturers in the world through detailed, extensive knowledge of products and exceptional client interpersonal service. • Generated external sales to key businesses and stakeholders through lead development and meticulous follow-up while building professional relationships for repeat business. Resulted in client loyalty and revenue generation that exceeded objectives.
• Responsible for sales growth from $400,000 at time of appointment to in-excess of $1,500,000 in two years. Exceeded all measurable objectives. • Delivered exceptional service in a business-to- business environment while delivering on administrative duties and reporting of sales leads.
Kevin Downey • 14109 Overbrook Rd, Ste D • Leawood, KS • 66224 • (913) 735-9020